Thursday, September 15, 2011

I Caved



Hey guys,

I finally decided that I actually DO think that my life is exciting to write about so I am starting a blog. I can't make any big updates right now, but this is where they will all be in the future couple of years I spend in Rwanda.

My first update, however, has nothing to do with Rwanda, but instead is about a little side trip that my Peace Corps group just took in Brussels (YES, WE ARE IN BELGIUM!) before beginning our 27 months together. We had some lengthy delays in NYC, which all ended up working out in our favor, making it possible to spend a day in Belgium eating waffles, drinking beer, and realizing how amazing it is going to be to work together for the next 27 months. This group is easily the easiest one I have ever tried to fit into and the energy among the volunteers is a huge comfort and inspiration to me. I know that these are the people I will need to lean on the most while I start to really experience Rwanda and the challenges of being a volunteer and so far away from home. I am so excited to be working with these people and also excited to be able to write home and share my experiences with my newest friends with some of my oldest.

SO MUCH LOVE!
Catie

P.S. Check out facebook if you want to experience some mad jealousy over DELICIOUS Belgian chocolate, waffles, and fried cheese balls.

1 comment:

  1. It is poetic justice that you all spent a luscious day of luxury in Belgium at the airlines' expense! You volunteers all deserve the royal treatment considering the challenges you will face in the future. Love you all, Mom

    ReplyDelete